Homemade food gifts to share for the holidays, birthdays, or just because
by Sarah Waldman
Photographs by Elizabeth Cecil
Small jars, tins, bags tied with ribbon, there are a million ways to gift these snackable Sweet & Smoky Cocktail Nuts. Want to really get in the spirit? Grab a friend’s favorite craft beer and drop off a six pack along with a jar of cocktail nuts—now that’s a nice gift!
5 cups unsalted mixed nuts
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 tablespoons maple syrup
3 tablespoons finely chopped rosemary (about 4 stems)
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon smoky paprika
1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter, maple syrup, rosemary, cayenne, smoky paprika, and salt together.
- Put the mixed nuts in a mixing bowl. Pour the melted spiced butter over the nuts. Toss to combine.
- Spread the flavored nuts onto a rimmed baking sheet and toast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove sheet from the oven and let the Sweet & Smoky Cocktail Nuts cool completely before packing into small jars, bags, bowls, or tins for sharing. The nuts will last for two weeks but taste best within the first five days.