Homemade food gifts to share for the holidays, birthdays, or just because
by Sarah Waldman
Photographs by Elizabeth Cecil
The holiday season is certainly a time of indulgence which is why I love gifting a bright vinegar to balance out the sugar and butter. Raspberry Vinegar is delicious in salad dressings, BBQ sauces, and marinades. Plus, the deep pink hue is incredibly festive.
1 pint raspberries
2 cups white wine vinegar
- Bring the vinegar to a gentle boil over medium-high heat.
- Add in the berries and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let cook slightly.
- Pour the raspberry-vinegar mixture into a jar fitted with a lid and leave in the pantry for 3-4 days.
- After a few days, strain the vinegar through a coffee filter to remove the fruit and seeds. Pour the raspberry vinegar into two tall jars for gifting.